Postby infocom » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 am

I want to download the Beta Version to know more details about Comicino Studio

Thanks,
Aquiles Rodriguez
infocom

Re: When I will can download the Beta Version

Postby Comicino Support » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Hello Aquiles,

a beta Version of Comicino Studio will be available later this summer. Unfortunately we don't have a fixed release date at this moment.

We received much user feedback for Comicino Studio. We gave this user feedback much thoughts and as a result we implemented many new features. Some of this new features require so much work that we needed to recruit additional developers to our team.

One of this new features will be the ability to create database driven websites. So in the future Comicino Studio will be able to create "Desktop and WebApplications from a single project", "Projects for Smartphone Applications" and as a new feature "Database Driven Websites". We also have some other very interesting new features.

At this moment our website does not reflect this new features.
Please consider that Comcino Studio is in beta stage and we might add or change features at any time without further notice.

Comicino Support Team
Comicino Support

Postby infocom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:53 am

Hi Friends,

The most important feature I need is :

Every new login have a new Session instance (for temp tables manage) and the possibility of change the connection string to connect other database file

this is useful for SaaS implementation, where exist only ONE application and MANY databases (with identical structure, one for each tennant or company)

in other words, the connection string must be in browser side and NOT in server side, because in server side if one user change these connection then ALL other login connectio is changed too and this is an error in SaaS.

Thanks and lucky

Aquiles
infocom

Postby Comicino Support » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:38 am

Hello Aquiles,

Comicino Studio Web Applications are session based and like a normal Windows Application you have more or less full programming access.
So selecting a special database according to the current user should be possible to achieve.
Please notice that our Web Applications are always based on a fat server. This means that all functionality is mainly located on the server and not in the web client.

For the new feature of "Database Driven Websites" we will publish details to technical specifications in the near future.

We also had the idea to support "Software As A Service" (Saas) application types. But our technical solution is different to your requirements.
Comicino Studio comes with a Software Load Balancer which allows "virtual hosting". You can select one of many web applications on the same (or other) computer according to a specified user. So depending on a "virtual URL" (or other criteria) you can select a customized web application with a special database. One of the great advantages of using a Software Load Balancer together with different "web applications" is that it is a short step to support automatic installation of new web applications. In the future we plan to offer a programming interface for the Software Load Balancer to support different business models for Saas and programatical configuration.

Your requirement is somehow new for us and we will give it some thoughts.

Comicino Support Team
Comicino Support

Postby infocom » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi support,

Morfik is dead, when comicino start any beta test downloadable version ?

all the morfik users are happy of switch to Comicino !!

Aquiles
infocom

Postby Comicino Support » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Hello Aquiles,

we are working full tilt to make a Beta Version available as soon as possible. We hope to release a Beta Version of Comicino Studio Professional before the end of this year.

We have added many new features that make Comicino Studio also a great Ajax IDE for database driven Websites.
In addition we are adding a scriping interface for the Comicino Studio IDE to allow third parties to build add-ons.
Our first own add-on will bring eLearning features to Comicino Studio. This add-on can be purchased seperately and runs in each edition of Comicino Studio.

The most development time consuming new feature are internal changes that allows Comicino Studio to use "Built Target Plugins".
This is a very hot feature and might become the main reason for Developers to switch to Comicino Studio.
This "Built Target Plugins" allow Comicino Studio to create projects for other third party compilers, frameworks or development enviroments.

This will be the workflow for our users: Develop your application with Comicino Studio as an easy-to-use Rapid Application Builder with all its graphical aids and database tools.

Then you have two Options:
(1) You can built a standalone Web, Desktop or Smartphone (web) application with Comicino Studio
or
(2) You can export your project for a third party compiler, framework or development solution. This allows using your Comicino Studio project on a wide range of platforms and gives you security to reuse your project outside of Comicino Studio. We believe that this kind of "Multi Framework Development Suits" will be highly demanded in the future. In the background it requires advanced Source Code conversion to other programming languages and frameworks. This way we want to handle native smartphone applications or Microsoft Visual Studio ASP .NET export. We are also looking into other built targets like Microsoft Silverlight or Windows Azure. But here we are totally commited to the wishlist of our users.

Best of all: We plan to make the plugin interface available to the public. So in the future third parties might be able to create new "Built Targets" for Comicino Studio.

This advanced features are planned for the Enterprise or Architect Edition of Comicino Studio.
Comicino Support

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Comicino Support wrote:We hope to release a Beta Version of Comicino Studio Professional before the end of this year.

The end (of the year) is near! ;)

Any news about a release date? 8-)

Greetings ... Peter
Peter

Postby infocom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Christian,

I wish you a great 2012 for you and your family !!

Sincerely,

Aquiles
infocom

Postby Peter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Peter wrote:Any news about a release date? 8-)

Newsticker wrote:31. Dezember 2011 - We are planning to release a Beta Version of Comicino Studio before the end of February 2012.

Waiting, waiting, waiting, .... :(

Peter

Postby setan kecil » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:40 pm

hi aquiles we see again,,,,when we can try this software?
setan kecil

Next

Return to General